Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014!

Well...I made progress in 2013.  I reviewed the books I read for just over half of the year, and then lost the momentum somehow.  I read 70 books...not the 75 I hoped for; however, reading Robertson Davies helped me understand what kind of a reader I am.  I am not a person who reads just for the sake of reading or to be entertained.  Writing reviews also reinforced or clarified something I had been telling myself for years, I am not interested in writing a novel.  I enjoy writing about reading and writing about writing.  I enjoy writing about the works of other authors.

This year I intend to write a review for every book I read...that is my only resolution.  I will also take the time to recap some of the books that did not get reviewed in 2013.  My first review will be published tomorrow and will be of the last book I read in 2013:  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

I hope that those of you who started to read my blog in 2013 will continue on my journey, and I hope that a few more people will join me on my journey.

Happy New Year!  I am currently reading Redwork by Michael Bedard.

No comments:

Post a Comment