Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring has arrived?

And with the snow that defines spring in western NY I have been reading as much as possible as March draws to a close.

Finished reading Woe Is I:  The Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English in Plain English by Patricia T. O'Conner.  I will be keeping this book with me during all tutoring sessions from now on as it explains things concisely with user-friendly examples.  I tried to buy an electronic copy of the newer edition as it would be a useful reference; however, the only edition available as an e-book is for children.  That is an unfortunate oversight.

O'Conner. Patricia. Woe Is I:  The Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English in Plain English. New York: Riverhead Books, 1996. Print.

Also read a modern classic for children, Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.  Babbitt's novel has called from the shelf several times but never with enough enthusiasm until this month.  A delightful, sweet, novel about accepting life as it is meant to be, family loyalty, and the desire to protect others that was first published in 1975.  I am very glad to have added this one to my reading memories.

Babbitt, Natalie. Tuck Everlasting. New York: Square Fish, 2007. Print

Currently reading Words To Live By a memoir by William Whitehead and listening to Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin.  These two pieces of non-fiction will complete the month of March for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment